PONY CANYON INC.
- 2-5-10 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan 105-8487 〔map〕
- October 1, 1966
- Paid-in Capital
- 1,200,000,000 Yen
Takashi Yoshimura , President & C. O. O.
Shingo Inoue , Senior Executive Vice President
Mitsuo Shimano , Senior Executive Managing Director
Eiichi Egawa , Senior Executive Managing Director
Masahiko Mizuguchi , Senior Executive Managing Director
Yosuke Miyake , Senior Executive Managing Director
- Business Activities
- The Production , manufacturing and distribution of varied types of entertainment software in physical and digital format.
- Tokyo, Osaka
- The company was founded as Nippon Broadcasting System Service, Inc., a subsidiary of Nippon Broadcasting System Inc.
- Began production and sales of 8-track music tapes under the name of “PONYPak” for the first time in Japan.
- Released the first PONY music cassette tape.
Changed the trade name to PONY INC. and moved to World Trade Center Building in Hamamatsucho.
Released the first videotape under the brand name of “PONY VIDEO”.
CANYON RECORDS INC. was established in this year to produce and manufacture phonograph records.
- Established NIPPON PLANNING CENTER INC. as a house design agency.
BIG SHOT INC. was established as a Fujisankei Group's advertising agency.
New office building was built in Kudan-kita, Chiyoda-ku and moved to this location.
- Established a representative office in Los Angeles.
Released the first personal computer game software under the name of PONYCA.
ished PONY CANYON DISTRIBUTION INC.
- Released the first Laser Disc.
Started exclusive videogram license agreements with MGM/UA, Vestron Video, Walt Disney Home Video and BBC Video.
- Established representative offices in New York and London.
Started exclusive license agreements with A & M Records and RCA/Columbia Pictures.
adquarters' office was moved to Kudan NP Building.
- Merged PONY INC. and CANYON RECORDS INC. and changed the company name to PONY CANYON INC.
- Entered into equity partnership in Virgin Music Group in the U.K.
Established Virgin Japan as a join-venture company with Virgin Music Group.
ished joint-venture companies in Korea and Hong Kong and also started a local corporation in Singapore.
- Established a joint-venture company in Taiwan.
Established CANYON MUSIC INC. (the present name of the company is PONY CANYON MUSIC INC.)
NYON ENTERPRISE INC. was established as a manufacturing company.
Established a joint-venture company in Malaysia.
- Made capital investments in Echo Label Ltd. in the U.K. and World Domination Music Group in the U.S.
Merged PONY CANYON INC. and PONY CANYON DISTRIBUTION INC.
to Hacchoubori, Chuo-ku.
- Released the DVD software “SHINJI RA MUNITA / Shinji Tanimura” for the first time in the world.
- Moved to Toranomon, Minato-ku.
Started digital video distribution through NTT Communications.
ANYON's official web-site was started on i-mode.
Started the distribution deal with hachama Label.
Acquired the Hip Hop Label “FUTURE SHOCK”.
Started Chaku-Uta (Master Ringtone) digital distribution through Label Mobile.
- Started Chaku-Uta-Full (Mobile Single) digital distribution through Label Mobile.
- Started the distribution deal with FOR LIFE MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
FUJI TELEVISION NETWORK, INC. became the primary share-holder of the company.
Released the HD DVD software for the first time in the world.
Released the Blu-ray software.
Established the PONY CANYON Alumni Association to commemorate the 40th company anniversary.
- Established M & I Music Inc.
Established Pony Canyon Music Publishing Inc.
- Established Amidea Inc.
- Opened Pony Canyon Yoyogi Studio
Opened Pony Canyon Shibuya Studio